Keeping your home clean can seem like a constant battle, especially for a large family or people with little one’s in their home. (This is also the case after guests come to visit). House-keeping is a constant and never-ending chore. Here are some great tips (life hacks) for keeping up with your home and making the tasks easier or more efficient.
First, you need a few regular items on hand. I try to get as much as I can from the dollar store and rags can come from the thrift store or even recycled clothes or possibly that one sock the dryer forgot to eat.
1. Fresh lemons. They last a while and are a great additive for a cleaning agent.
2. Kosher Salt (or table salt of some kind)
3. Vinegar (White)
4. Baking Soda
5. Old socks
6. Hair Dryer
7. Olive Oil
8. Cream of tartar
9. Dryer sheets
11. Plastic Bags
12. Lint Rollers (Dollar Store Purchase)
13. There are countless other items that are handy so feel free to add to this list and personalize it.
Here are some house-keeping life hacks to give a try and see what fits nicely into your schedule allowing for more time and some cost savings:
1. Vinegar and baking soda = clean oven
2. Vinegar and water (50/50 mix) and an old sock = clean blinds
3. Lemons = clean facets and sink handles
4. Lemons and salt = clean cutting board and clean coffee pot
5. Cream of Tartar = clean stainless steel appliances
6. Dryer Sheets – adds a fresh smell to your freezer or refrigerator (change monthly)
7. Dryer Sheets – clean and protected baseboards
8. Plastic bag filled with vinegar wrapped around shower heads = clean shower heads
9. Toothpaste = clean jewelry and clean sneakers
10. Lint Rollers = clean lamp shades
11. Hair Dryer and Olive Oil = clean drink rings on a wooden table
12. Baking Soda = removes oil stains from carpet
I hope this either makes things a bit easier, solves some mystery for you, or just changes up your routing at home to get your house neat and clean. As always, have a happy day!