So many times we lose track of what is important and that is ourselves and our relationships. We focus on the day to day of work, house-keeping, kids schedules and more. Here are a few fun options for an unscheduled date night on a limited budget. We all have the excuses of no time, no money, too busy. Hopefully you will be able to keep this list handy and stop from time to time to enjoy life.
- Movie night – pull out the blankets and pillows. Pop some popcorn and have a movie night. Make it fun with a theme and watch a series of movies. As days pass by, build your DVR list with movies that are coming up or pick-up the DVD’s on sale at your local store for date nights like this.
- A walk in the park – So many parks have benches, exercise activities, play grounds, and trails. Make the most of all of them. If you haven’t tried Geocaching yet, give it a try too. Fun and free time for the whole family.
- Go for a swim – Put on a bathing suit and take a swim. Find a pool, a beach, a lake or a river. If you are able, get a tube or float and relax or rent a kayak or paddleboard and get some exercise.
- Have a campfire – You can use a fire pit, or find a place for a bonfire (safety first of course). Make s’mores, tell stories, or just listen to the crackle of the fire under the stars.
- Build a snowman – Put on some warm clothes and build a snowman, make snow angels, or have a snowball fight.
- Pick fruit at a local farm – Find a local strawberry farm or blueberry farm and spend the day picking fruit. At the close of the day bake a pie or make a fun dessert together.
- Watch a sunset – Take a walk or sit on a porch somewhere and say good bye to the day with a loved one.
- Watch a sunrise – Get up early in the morning and fins a beach or great park and enjoy the start of a brand new day. Take a thermos of coffee with you and some music or maybe a good book.
- Have a game night – When is the last time you played yahtzee? Monopoly? Candy Land? Clue? Scrabble? Pick a night and pull out the games you loved as a kid or even as an adult. You can do this with just two people or make an evening out of it with friends and family.
- Dance together – Get on spotify or youtube music and create a music list together of your favorite songs. Keep it handy and when the mood strikes, dance with each other. Dance in a park, in your living room, or in a restaurant.
- Go window shopping – Walk thru IKEA, or find a shopping mall. Take some time to hold hands, people watch, day dream together about a DIY project or a future home.
- Get creative…. this list is just the tip of the iceberg. Make and keep a list of ideas for those times when it is rainy, your broke, or your bored and check items off your list.
Leave a Reply