I read an article today that struck my fancy and I just have to stop and share a few tidbits. I hope that it will inspire you to either share your own words of wisdom or pass these on. The article asked women executives from across the country to share nuggets of knowledge that had been so kindly shared with them. Little quips that helped to mold their careers, the way they face the world and/or everyday challenges in life. You know I love lists, so of course, I’ll share them in list format. I feel a list makes them easier to pass on, remember, or if you are like me, when you see it… you copy and past it into your digital notebook of tasty treats for your mind and soul to be nibbled on at a later date.
- Get your education
- Follow your compass
- Make whatever you do your passion
- In a world where instantaneous action is expected, we cannot lose sight of the value of pause…
- Approach every situation as if you area a small child. Observe those around you, honor their experience and learn from their expertise.
- Build a network, add value to a room
- Set your bar high and go get it…..When you reach your goal, reset and do it again… continue to aim high.
- You create your own destiny by how hard you work and the time you put into the business
- Always sit at the table
- Don’t give up before the miracle happens, and it does happen (this one was my addition).
This article was found inside the pages of the Jacksonville Business Journal Vol. 33, No 19 in case you care to take a peak. Here is a little blurb from the paper….
“A mentor could be your mom or dad, your first boss or someone you admire from afar. You can talk to that person every week or remember his or her words for decades. A mentor’s advice stays the same when you change jobs. It prepares you for your next promotion and helps you recover from your most-recent setback. And the day will come when you hear your mentor’s voice in your head and the message becomes your own.”
My wish for is that you have a mentor and become a mentor. Remember that everyone should be treated with the same respect from the Janitor to the CEO and that includes yourself. You can go so far in life and you are only held back by your fears of success. Go move mountains my friends and remember along the way….
have a happy day