I don’t know about you, but I am a true blue Florida girl and in case you aren’t aware…. It is soooo cold right now! So, I thought I would share with you a few ideas I’ve had about getting and staying warm. Of course there are the old stand-byes of dressing in layers and hanging out by the fire, but I think it is time to get creative. Let’s not let this crazy winter weather get to us. Let’s take charge and have fun with it. I started off by adding a heating pad to my bed. Yep! You read that right! It’s not like I have an electric blanket handy down here in the typical tropical weather, so I slipped a heating pad between the sheets. I turn it on high about 10 minutes before bedtime. That is one warm and toasty bed that I slide into at night. However, I did realize last night, that it does not warm up my husbands side at all and that wasn’t the nicest thing I’ve ever done. But sometimes, you have to crawl before you walk and it’s all about learning. Here I am, brainstorming with my friends on the internet….
Enjoy my latest list:
- Take a hot bath – nothing says warm and cozy like hot bubble bath. Not to mention it is super relaxing after a long day. Add a good book to that and it is pure bliss!
- Get to cuddling – what a perfect reason to get close to your loved ones in front of a good movie or under the covers!
- Exercise – start breaking a sweat and get your heart pumping and blood flowing.
Right after the holidays is the perfect time to jump on a treadmill or do some jumping jacks anyway.
- A hot beverage – this will not only warm your insides but your hands too! And the steam from your drink feels great on your face. It’s a trifecta of perfection!
- Here’s a fun fact, run your ceiling fans in the opposite direction. There is typically a little switch that makes them turn the other way pushing the air toward the ceiling. This will help circulate the air the opposite direction in your house. (Super helpful if your have a fireplace roaring.
- Open curtains and blinds during the day to let the sunshine in and allow the natural light to warm your home or office. (and remember to close the flute on your fireplace when it is not in use to keep the cool air out)
I hope these tips help. If you have any other ideas, post them in the comments. This lady needs all the help you have to offer through the cold season. Most importantly, keep a smile on that beautiful face of yours and I will do the same. Be sure to enjoy each day and not let a dreary day get the best of you. As always, have a happy day!
Good tips…hope you are safe and warm…is it snowing where you are? I heard parts of Florida actually got snow.
This is crazy cold weather😩